Disposable P2 Valved Respirator
- Lightweight disposable respirator
- Contour fit
- Exhalation valve for easy breathing
- Clear vision
- Maintenance free
- Latex free twin elastic straps
- Adjustable nosebridge allows snug fit to a range of face shapes and sizes
- Comfortable foam nose seal
- Approved to AS/NZS 1716:2003-P2
- Retail ready with header card and GS1 bar code
- 12 pieces per box 240 pieces per carton
How to fit a P2 mask
Putting on and checking the mask
Take time to correctly identify which size and style of mask is suitable for you. Each time a P2/N95 face mask is used it should be fit checked before entering an unsafe environment. Fit checks ensure that the mask is sealed over the bridge of the nose and mouth, and that there are no gaps in the seal between the mask and the face.
P2/N95 face masks should always be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Procedure for putting on a P2/N95 face mask and conducting a fit check
- Remove glasses and hats. Tie back long hair so it does not become tangled in the straps of the respiratory protection
- Put the mask on your face, ensuring the nose piece is at the top of the mask
- Place the headband or ties over the head and at the base of the neck
- Compress the mask against the face to ensure a seal across the bridge of the nose
- Compress the mask to ensure a seal across the cheeks and the face; and
- Conduct a fit check: check the seal of the mask by gently inhaling. If the mask is not drawn in towards the face, or air leaks around the face seal, readjust the mask and repeat process or check for defects in the mask. If the mask still leaks you may need to try a different size or style of mask.
People with beards should shave before using a P2 mask as a good seal between the mask and the wearer’s face cannot be guaranteed if they have facial hair.